When a student stays for an after-school activity or event, he/she may choose to ride the Activity Bus routes home. Activity buses depart Prairie Campus shortly after 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday. Unlike the regular school bus routes, activity buses are neighborhood shuttles. They will drop students off near their homes, but not necessarily at a student’s usual stop. Activity bus drivers will orientate students during the first few weeks as to their drop off points. Drop off points will be within a few blocks of a student’s home. There are six activity routes that run from Prairie Campus to local neighborhoods.
- Northeast Bus: Serves Afternoon Routes: 8, 12 14, 15
- Northwest Bus: Serves Afternoon Routes: 5, 6, 7, 9
- Southeast Bus: Serves Afternoon Routes: 16, 17, 18, 22 (Ranier Circle), 23
- Southwest Bus: Serves Afternoon Routes: 18, 21, 24, 25
- Local Bus: Serves Afternoon Routes: 10, 11, 13 (Otis, Donlea), 19, 20, 26
- Carpentersville: Serves Afternoon Routes: 1, 2, 3, 4
When riding an activity route home, a student should adhere to the following procedures:
- An announcement will be made throughout the building at 5:00 pm that the activity buses will be departing in 10 minutes. Students will be released from their supervised activities at that time.
- Students should get an activity bus pass from their sponsor, or at the main office window. All students must have an activity bus pass filled out prior to boarding the activity route. The student will write his/her name, address, regular PM bus route number, and the date on the pass. This information tells the driver what stops are needed that day.
- All students riding the activity bus home must be out in front by 5:05 pm. If in doubt as to what bus to ride, check with the bus drivers. Get to know your driver as the same person will typically drive the same route. The activity buses will leave at approximately 5:10 pm. All students should move quickly to make their bus.
- The activity buses are an added privilege for students. Students should maintain excellent conduct while riding the buses. Any student reported by a driver as being disrupting may have riding privileges revoked by school administration.